Junior Inter County Championships
The Inter County Championships is the largest event that we run with more than 2,000 players representing their counties in 22 categories throughout the season across senior, masters and junior categories.
At junior level the Championships give counties a focus for their development programmes. The Championships are also an essential part of the player pathway and of talent identification.
Entries for this year's competition will be made online, county secretaries will be responsible for entering teams.
There are currently 10 different categories in the Junior Inter County Championships as below. The Girls will play on Saturdays and the Boys on Sundays.
- Junior Boys Under 11, 13, 15, 17 and 19
- Junior Girls Under 11, 13, 15, 17 and 19
A full copy of the regulations can be downloaded here.
Junior categories consist of two initial stages, progressing to the trophy final and main final weekends.
- Stage I: consists of a one-day competition. Counties are grouped regionally.
- Stage II: the results from Stage I dictate Stage II groups (still regionally based) with these results producing the finalists.
- Finals: four counties in each category progress from Stage II to the finals weekend in January.
- All counties have the chance to win each category in each season.
- Teams are made up of five players, except the Girls Under 11, 13, 19 and Boys Under 11 which each consist of three players.
- Players must be in age up to and including the date of the finals for their age group.
- The Championships are run by England Squash centrally.
- Counties are responsible for entering teams and for the selection of players for teams.
- All players must be valid England Squash members in order to participate in the Championships.
- Individual weekends are run by host counties with England Squash running and staging all finals weekends.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.